Monday, October 29, 2012

Votes mean freedom

During my lifetime we have fought some very difficult battles.

Racial equality
Gender equality
Classism
And now LGBTQ rights.

My life has been touched by these issues and they matter.

My uncle and two of my kids happen to be gay. I love them with all my heart. There are those who wish to put them back in the closet and deny them the right to love one another. This is a denial of a fundamental human right. And for those of us who are Christian, this is a denial of our Lord's fundamental command that we love one another.

We are still a long way from gender equality: equal pay for equal work.

And the disparity in wealth between the super rich, the multi-national corporation and the rest of us is growing.

All these are matters of profound concern for those who value our basic freedoms.

YES! Votes matter.

This is why I personally endorse Barack Obama for President of the United States

No comments: