Thursday, December 13, 2018

Peace, perfect peace

I have never had a dream quite like the one I had the night before last.


It was Wednesday December 12, 2018.
David's 38th birthday and the Feast Day of our Lady of Guadalupe.

Joshua and Lizzie have a difficult decision to make.
It may be that Al's time has come...a time to love him to the end.


We spoke for about an hour on the phone while I drove home from Trinity Church in Haverhill.
Our hearts were breaking as we spoke.

And then that night I slept in peace, perfect peace.

In my dreaming, I stood at Your altar and there was a beautiful linen cloth there with perfect iron folds lovingly, carefully, made pure and clean by devotion and love. Betty from our Altar Guild was there.
Cindy and David were there. Family, my family and God's family gathered all around.
There was the color of Rose. It was a deeper Rose than one would expect for Gaudete Sunday.
It was the Rose of Our Lady.


David and She were most prominent in my dreaming at first.
I seem to remember spreading the Table as Cindy looked on. She smiled.
Michael was there being Michael and that made me smile.

And then I stood at Your Altar.
I continued doing as You would have me do.
I placed the paten on the linen cloth.
It cradled the Priest host and several rice wafers.
I prepared the chalice with wine, and a ceramic cup with juice and sanctified the water with Your blessing.
I spread my hands in prayer and said the words of remembrance.
And there You were. And here You are.
And I did not waken. I slept on in peace, perfect peace.
Amen.
Fr Paul







No comments: