Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Image of God

The Image of God


Christ is my constant companion. 
So are the people of God
And the people without God

That's why I love God.
Something within calls me to 
Love 
Forgive
Reconcile

It is a never ending cycle.

It is not so much that I believe in God
It is that God believes in me.

There are many to love
The poor
The outcast
The sick
The lame
Gay folks
Endless love

This is my image of God
In the people God wants me to
Love
Forgive 
Reconcile

Why do I love God?
Why do I love God's people?

It is the greatest joy of life to love God
And to love God's people

How do I know there is a God?
Deep in my heart, I know

God is not "up there"
God is "in here"

In the truth that comes through
Love 
Forgiveness
Reconciliation

In the journey deep within
I discover my heart of hearts

I discover God's heart within me
Asking me to look at you with
Love 
Forgiveness
Reconciliation

It is all that is true,
All that is noble
All that is pure
All that is holy

This is the Image of God

Fr Paul

No comments: